How will you keep visitors safe?
The safety of our visitors and staff team are of paramount importance and every aspect of the museum’s operation continues to be risk assessed, with measures in place to ensure we follow the latest government guidelines. We have also achieved the Visit England national standard ‘We’re Good To Go’.
- We encourage visitors to register with the NHS App upon arrival, wear face coverings and keep apart from other groups where possible. The Landing Craft Tank and museum will continue to have reduced capacity to support this.
- The museum will operate a one-way system and we request our visitors respect one another by waiting for visitors ahead of them to move on before entering the next space.
- The museum has implemented an increased cleaning and hygiene regime throughout the landing craft, museum and toilets, and this will continue.
- Hand sanitiser is also available at regular points throughout the museum.
- If possible please use the card payment system (contactless available up to £45) rather than cash.
What are the opening hours?
The museum is open every day from 10am to 5pm. Last entry to LCT7074 is 4pm and to the museum is 4.30pm.
Do I need to buy a ticket in advance?
Advance tickets are available online and can also be purchased on arrival.
Do I need to queue?
You may need to queue outside the museum at busy times and we ask you to consider the weather on the day of your visit. Please wear suitable clothing and bring supplies such as sunscreen, a hat or a drink of water if you’re visiting on a hot day.
Will I be able to enter the museum quicker with an advance ticket?
Purchasing an online ticket in advance has some benefits: it is 10% cheaper and avoids having to purchase on arrival, although if the museum is at capacity you will be required to queue with other visitors before entering the museum.
Are the toilets open?
The toilets are open for museum visitors only. The museum has implemented an increased cleaning regime of the toilets, and we ask that visitors also take extra care with personal hygiene.
Is the Visitor Information open?
Phone: 023 9282 6722
Has the museum offer changed?
We have made some small changes to ensure the safety of our visitors but are confident that the museum offer remains as close to normal as possible.
What cleaning/hygiene procedures are in place?
- The museum has implemented an increased cleaning and hygiene regime throughout the museum and toilets.
- Hand sanitiser is also available at key points throughout the museum.
- Although we will be cleaning our interactives regularly, we advise visitors who use the interactives to sanitise their hands before and after use.