Camp T4 had a capacity of 2,000 men and 500 vehicles. West Ham Greyhound Stadium was demolished in the 1970’s, and the site was redeveloped as housing.
Troops camped in Marshalling Area T (in the London region) in mid-1944 were part of the follow-up forces that landed on the British beaches in Normandy in the days after D-Day. Among the units camped in London before D-Day were troops from the 51st (Highland) Division, who began landing in Normandy on D+1 (7 June 1944). Units in Marshalling Area T embarked through ports in the Thames Estuary, such as Tilbury.
|Address||London E16 3RR, UK|
|Location type||Troop Camp|
|Site Ownership and Access Information||The site is now a residential area. Please respect the privacy of the current residents.|
Check details before visiting