Troops camped in Marshalling Area V in South Wales were part of follow up Force ‘B’ which landed on the American beaches in Normandy in the days after D-Day. Among the units camped in South Wales before D-Day were the US 90th Infantry Division, who began landing on Utah Beach late on D-Day. Units in Marshalling Area V embarked through ports in the Cardiff area.
Camp V6 was a tented camp, and had a capacity of 1,302 men. During the Second World War – and until 1957 when the site became a power station – it was Barry Golf Course.
|Address||Barry, Vale of Glamorgan CF62 4QT, UK|
|Location type||Troop Camp|
|Site Ownership and Access Information||The site is now part of Aberthaw Power Station.|
Check details before visiting