Towards the end of May 1944, twelve Coaster Merchant Ships were docked at Grimsby to be loaded up with food, medical supplies, ammunition, clothes, tents and materials for roadways.
These supplies were hoarded together to be unloaded at the Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches as soon as possible, so that the foothold in occupied France could be maintained and the Allies were able to prevent any Nazi counter-attack by ensuring that they were prepared for battle.
|Address||Eastside Road, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire DN31, UK|
|Site Ownership and Access Information||The site still remains as a dock and is not accessible to the general public.|
Check details before visiting