|Address||Perimeter Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0PG, UK|
|Site Ownership and Access Information|
Check details before visiting
The Harwell Stone stands at the end of the main runway of former RAF Harwell. In 1944, Harwell was the HQ of 38 Group RAF.
On the night of 5/6 and early evening of the 6th June, gliders and paratroop transports took off from Harwell bound for Normandy as part of Operation Overlord. The individual operations were Tonga and Mallard.